- Dramatic Failures: Occur any time all d10s rolled equal 1 (not just when you roll a 1 on a chance die).
- Extended Actions: The max number of rolls to accomplish an extended action = attribute + skill.
- Willpower: Spend as normal. For gaining willpower – start each mission at full. Regain willpower at the beginning of new mission. Note that we are not using the “risking willpower” rules from Hunter: the Vigil.
- Virtues and Vices: help structure a character (does not affect willpower); mechanical effect: if players adhere to characters’ virtues and vices in character then they can gain additional group experience.
- Experience points: Characters gain experience at the end of a mission (not at the end of a chapter and story).
- Group Experience: The group can gain group experience at the end of a mission. The group gains experience if the mission was a success and if the group adhered to their virtues and vices. Group experience can also be awarded for out of character rewards (session recaps, for example). The group can use group experience to purchase/increase these merits:
- Resources (start at 2)
- Status (TRU)