Session 19.5 [Between session email exchange]
Session Date: 21 June – 5 July 2012
Players: Brad, Braon, Lenora, Lex, TJ
Game Date: 15 September
- After leaving the Towers of Westchester, the group returns to the hotel where they’ve been staying, Hampton Inn College Park.
- The group gathers their evidence and sets to work. Jack focuses on the blood sample from the Chinese man and hair sample from Shannon. With the tools at hand, Jack is only able to learn a little. He is able to determine that Shannon’s hair sample is free of any toxins and traces of drugs, and he can get a good idea of her levels of vitamins and minerals, which seem at normal levels.
- The Chinese man’s blood reveals extremely high levels of Caesium-137 (radioactive isotope), which is consistent with the analysis of all the members of Red Sickle.
- The 9mm gun’s serial number was filed off.
- Research into Taliesin reveals the term is used to describe a number of things (a village in Wales, Frank Lloyd Wright’s home in Spring Green, Wisconsin, pop culture references, etc). However, all of these are inspired by a 6th century Welsh poet who also wrote a manuscript called Taliesin.
- Taliesin was an early British poet of the post-Roman period whose work has possibly survived in a Middle Welsh manuscript, the Book of Taliesin. Taliesin was a renowned bard who is believed to have sung at the courts of at least three Celtic British kings.
- In further researching the poet the group learns that according to myth and legend, Taliesin began life as Gwion Bach, a servant to Ceridwen, the wife of a nobleman Tegid Foel, in the days when King Arthur ruled. She was a magician who had three arts she learned: enchantment, magic, and divination. The reference to Ceridwen certainly draws the groups attention.
- Martin investigates the printer, hoping to recover print jobs from the printer’s memory. He is only able to recover one file. It appeared that Shannon meticulously manually deleted all the other print jobs from her printer’s memory. She tried to delete this file, but Martin is able to restore it.
- A MS Word document that reads: Christine, I’m leaving this for you as a hardcopy, because I think my email’s been compromised. I think one of the groups…Mingfu, Department B, Red Sickle, Vympel – it could be any of them…are on to me. There must be a leak at IARPA. I have to get out of town and lay low. You’re the only one that knows about everything. Watch out for TRU Echo. They may recognize you, and they may be the group coming for me. Destroy this after you read it. Please keep an eye on my parents. -Shannon
- Lincoln’s researches Shannon’s parents. Their names are Donald and Sarah McLeod, and they live at 304 Rockwell Terrace Frederick, MD 21701.
- Shannon has a brother, Sam, who lives in Spain. He is an architect and single.
- Martin is able to hack Shannon’s mail, though she did a good job of encrypting it with some of the best commercially available software. Her mail inbox and outbox are clean. However, she has an email in draft. Apparently she was using her email to type notes to herself. By keeping the mail in her drafts, she was able to access the file anywhere, without the risk of it being intercepted. The email notes read:
- Add to master file at work:
- Mingfu/PLA – Tangshan (what is at this location?…called a Gateway)
- Department B – TRU Bravo (New York) / TRU Echo (Atlanta) – possible nuclear plot? TRU Echo has ties to Russia (Red Sickle), Germany, Algeria. Made contact with Orlando Thomas, known spy for Russia based in Czech Republic.
- Vympel – Group called Red Sickle is somehow affiliated (also possibly affiliated with TRU Echo)
- Additional possible research: the group can conduct additional research on the gun, bullets, and fingerprints, but not without either gaining access to some police databases or calling in favors from friends. Let me know if that is something the group wants to pursue. Anything else?